Hi folks,

I faced a similar problem integrating with NUnit in my NUnitAddin
project.  My original solution was to use config file bindingRedirects
to bind to the version of the nunit.framework being used by the test
project.  This wasn't ideal as it involved loading the test assembly to
find out what version it was bound to, creating a new AppDomain with a
correctly configured config file and running the tests in the new
AppDomain.  There was also the question of which version of the
nunit.framework assembly to compile my test runner against.

Recently I've changed my test runner to use Reflection and RealProxy to
implement the EventListener interface.  This means I don't have to
compile against the 'nunit.framework' assembly and it doesn't have to be
in the GAC.  I've tested it with versions 2.0.3.0 and 2.0.6.0 of the
nunit.framework assembly.  I also tested it with an early build of NUnit
2.1 (I don't know what the current status is).

I'd work on the nunit2 task myself if I had time.  Unfortunately support
for Rotor and Mono is long overdue in NUnitAddin.  I'm busily working on
that.  If anyone else would like to work on multi-version support in the
nunit2 task I'll happily help out where I can.  Here's a link to the
'nunit.framework' binding code in NUnitAddin...

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/nunitaddin/NUnitAddin/NUn
itAddin.NUnit/TestRunner/NUnitTestRunner.cs?rev=1.8&content-type=text/vn
d.viewcvs-markup
(sorry about the line wrap)

For more information about NUnitAddin...

http://dotnetweblogs.com/nunitaddin
http://sourceforge.com/projects/nunitaddin

Good luck, Jamie.