Since I'll be manhandling the 0.8.3 release, I thought a note introducing
myself would be in order.

I'm the Senior IT Developer at Grosvenor Financial Services in New Zealand.
My employer has kindly consented to let me contribute to the NAnt project on
company time.  Personally, I have 10 years of IT experience, very broad
programming knowledge but mostly C++ over the years.  I am fast becoming a
convert to C# and have used it for the last two years.

We're using nant for an automated build process; we've been using nant since
version 0.7.9.  We are also using a lot of the NAntContrib tasks since we
have some legacy VB6 code.
The <script>, <style>, <nunit2>, and <exec> tasks pretty well cover 99% of
what we really need to do.  Several of the things we're using <exec> for
could/should be custom tasks.  Now that I can work on this on company time
(not full time, unfortunately), we may contribute a handful of tasks.

I'm happy to say that our development process is now based completely on
open source software, except for the tools needed for maintaining legacy
code.  Although there was a bit of a learning curve, productivity has
probably increased (no formal measures in place) and we have definitely
saved a lot of money (at least $6000 in upgrade costs).

John C Barstow