Hi Ian,

Sorry to bring this up again but if we decide to remove the defaultframework
attribute from the NAnt configuration file, and have NAnt automatically
select the first valid framework as default framework, then shouldn't we add
an attribute on the project level that allows you to set a default framework
for a project, instead of having to rely on NAnt.

If there's no default framework defined on the project level, then NAnt can
still choose the first valid framework.

Do we halt the build if a default framework was set on the project level,
but the framework is not available ?  I think we should ...

So what I'm proposing is :

- if the default framework is specified on the commandline, use that one.
If the specified framework is not available, end the build.  This is already
implemented today.

- if no default framework is specified on the command line, and a default
framework is specified on the project element, use that one.  Again, if the
specified framework is not available, end the build.

- if no default framework is specified on the command line, and no default
framework is specified on the project element, have NAnt use the first
available defined framework.

In the last case, what do we do if there's no valid framework available at
all ?  Just fallback to having no default framework at all ?

In all cases, the current framework should ofcourse be set to the default
framework.

What do you think ?