On Sun, 7 Sep 2003, Ian MacLean wrote:

> We should be able to start on the 0.84 release cycle shortly. Gert has
> made a number of improvements to the release build file that should
> smooth out the release process a little. So with any luck we'll be able
> to increase the release frequency int he future.

Is there any updated roadmap to 1.0 ? I've checked the

http://nant.sourceforge.net/todo.html

and looks like we've silently got a lot of features planned for
0.8, 0.9, 1.0 and 1.1 into the current version.

Maybe it's time to have version 1.0 released ? I believe NAnt is stable
enough now to handle even large projects like mono both on windows and
linux and having "production" version 1.0 would only make more people
(corporate?) use nant.

I think that nant is ready for a "feature freeze" now. I think it just
needs some polishing, adding a nice GUI installer (I can make one using
NSIS if you want), integrating some external GUI tools (like NAntMenu
shell extension, script editor - is the idea still alive?) and it's ready to go.

Maybe the GUI installer can also be one of the products of a daily build?

What do you think?

Jarek