Hi!

I've committed expression evaluator (as in "test1" release) to CVS in
"EE-patches" branch.

I think what we now need is:

- unit tests (for ExpressionEval classes alone as they are easily separable
and for NAnt changes.
- user documentation

Unfortunately these tasks cannot be started until we agree on the syntax.

As I understand there are 3 major candidates:

A. <echo message="aaa" if="${length(propertyname)=3}" />
B. <echo message="aaa" if="${length($propertyname)=3}" />
C. <echo message="aaa" if="${length(${propertyname})=3}" />

Currently there are 4 opinions:

Jarek: A
Martin: A
Ian: A or B
Gert: B or C (i can't tell which one exactly)

Another (rather minor) question is:

Should <if test="expression" /> require expression to be surrounded by
${...} (this would allow for full syntax highlighting in some editors) or
not.

Opinions:

Jarek: Yes
Martin: Yes
Ian: ?
Gert: ?

I encourage everyone to try "test1" release at

http://jaak.sav.net/nant-ee/nant-ee-test1.zip

or CVS code and report your thoughts to the list.

Jarek