After the change to the explicit <call> behavior, now ensuring all dependencies get called, there has also been a change to the behavior of depends= arguments:

These depends targets now always get called also, even if already executed.

For example:

<target name="debug" depends="onetimesetup"/>

<target name="release" depends="onetimesetup"/>

running "nant debug release" results in onetimesetup being called for each target.

This is contrary to what I would expect "makelike" behavior to be, and also contrary to the current documentation for <target>:

"A target gets executed only once, even when more than one target depends on it (see the previous example)."

I like the change to <call> so you can more easily call targets as subroutines, but think the former behavior of depends= should be restored.

/ /br