<start-rant>

Guess this will be the start of many dilemma's ... I'm pretty sure there
will always be people that prefer xml build elements only, and actually
that's also one of my concerns ... I'd hate to see build files reduced to
large chunks of scripts ...

As long as we allow build authors to choose themselves I certainly have no
problem with the expression eval support, I actually like it very much, but
we should give build authors a choice in this matter ...

I'm definitely not saying that we should provide a task alternative for
every function we support in the expression eval, but by not providing task
support for "basic" build "tasks", we're actually forcing build authors to
use expression support ...

</end-rant>

If we decide to add William's task, I think we should :
    - add it to NAntContrib first
    - split it up into at least 3 tasks, like Ant has : dirname, basename,
and path-combine (or something, doesn't exist in Ant)

What do you think ?