It is not possible to have two identical GUIDs, such a case is an indication
of corruption
in the csproj file and should not be allowed.
VS tries to sort things out (give it a second try if you will) by trying to
look at project names
and se if that would give a valid and unique combination, that is why
corrupt csproj files
can sometimes exist in VS, but Nant do not allow it.

I did quite a few clean ups trying to fetch corrupted states in the csproj
file and emitt good
error messages to make it easy for the builder to understand what to do.
I must have missed the duplicate GUIDs problem, even though I thought I did
put something
in there for that.

I think Martins patch should go in and I love the error message, very
describing giving both
the problem and solution.

/Nicke

> Is this the right patch ? if it is possible to have two valid projects
> with an identical guid should we use a different key for the hash table
> - perhaps a combination of the guid and the projectname ?
>
> Ian
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I found one very annoying feature/bug of <solution> task:
>>
>>Projects (.csproj) are loaded into hashtable regarding their guid. But if
>>two projects with same guid are loaded, no error/warning is issued and
>> one
>>of those projects disappears! Such projects could be created by copying
>> and
>>renaming existing project into another file. Create new project with
>> Visual
>>Studio generate new guid, so propability to create existing guid is
>>negligible.
>>

>>Small patch to is attached. It checks this key violation rule and throws
>>BuildException when it found one.
>>
>>Regards,
>>Martin

/Nicke