From: Jaroslaw Kowalski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 22 January 2004 7:50 AM
To: Mitch Denny; Scott Hernandez; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [nant-dev] Property Scoping

> Scott,
>
> I'd really prefer to branch on this - it has the ability to really
> break things. One of the first changes is changing the
> PropertyDictionary to to store Property objects instead of string
> values. The property object is where the accessibility level is
stored.

The branch is a good idea. I'd like to evaluate another issue: can we
have TYPED properties? Like this:

<property name="counter" type="integer" value="0" />

This way you can write:

<if test="${counter + 1 <= 100}">
</if>

instead of:

<if test="${convert::to-int(counter) + 1 <= 100}"> </if>

Once a property has its type set, it cannot be re-typed. Every time you
store a value in such a property, it is checked for type compatibility.
Storing data type (optional - would default to string) in a
PropertyDictionary would help here a lot.

Jarek