Hi all,

is there a built-in property that contains the name
of the current target? In my projects, I use to
generate "gateway build files" like this:

<project
  name="myProject"
  default="recurse">

  <target
    name="recurse"
    description="Builds recursively all subprojects">
    <foreach
      item="Folder"
      property="foldername">
      <in>
        <items>
          <includes name="*"/>
          <excludes name="CVS"/>
        </items>
      </in>
      <do>
        <nant
          buildfile="${foldername}/default.build"
          target="${project.config} ${target}"/>
      </do>
    </foreach>
  </target>

</project>

The purpose of such a build file is just to forward
a target from a build file in the parent directory to
the build files in all of the children directories.

To implement that, I define a property named "target"
in the parent build file that contains the name of
the target to execute...

I think it would be nice to have a built-in property
named nant.current.target that contains the name of
the executing target.

What's your opinion?

j3d.

Giuseppe Greco