Hi Giuseppe!

Looks like that you really need a support for filesets in the <nant> task.
This way you could get rid of your gateway buildfile:

Like this:

----------- MASTER.build ----------
<fileset id="subprojects">
    <includes name="**/*.build" />
    <excludes ... />
</fileset>

<target name="build">
    <nant target="build">
        <buildfiles refid="subprojects" />
    </nant>
</target>

gateway.build goes away.

Am I right? This looks like another (simpler) way to implement your required
features without the need for wildcard targets (I assume that your master
file won't contain any).

Jarek