From:   Ian MacLean [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Wed 5/5/2004 12:34 AM
To:     Gert Driesen
Cc:     Nant-Developers (E-Mail)
Subject:        Re: [nant-dev] Mono 1.0 / Using NAnt project for framework discovery
Gert Driesen wrote:

>I haven't yet had time to look into this myself, so can you tell us what
>tweaking you had to do to get NAnt working on mono beta 1 ?

sure - Just needed to change the path for framework assemblies in
NAnt.exe.config from /usr/local/lib to /usr/local/lib/mono/1.1. The exe
files are still all in /usr/local/bin which come to think of it won't
work for a true side by side install. I also had to remove the encoding
document from the xml header as that was causing it to fail with an xml
load error.

There are also a bunch of 'remapping' warnings when running as the
assemblies we ship in the /lib directory for mono were built against
unsigned versions of the mono system assemblies. This doesn't prevent it
from working though.

>Should we add a pkg-config "task" to NAnt, and use this "task" in the NAnt
>configuration file ?

I was actually thinking along similar lines. Someone would need to
implement a pkg-config-sharp library which shouldn't be too much effort.
It would be better to have that reside in the mono codebase if those
guys are amenable to that.

Using 'task' functionality from the config file is an interesting idea.
re-using the functionality already defined in tasks would be a good
thing. There would have to be restrictions of course as you can do lots
of things in a build file that probably aren't appropriate in the config
file.

calling it 'project' inside the config file looks a bit funny. Maybe we
could give it a different name but still use project loading
functionality to process it.

Ian