>> - there's no such thing as AssemblyFolders for Mono/Unix, we
>> could use them on Windows though ...
>
>I am not sure what AssemblyFolders are, is this related to the private bin
path we are using for library resolution currently?  If not then is there a
way to simulate >this behavior and create Mono/Unix and Windows
implementations that "do about the same thing"?

AsseblyFolders = aditional seatch paths for library resolution. Visual
Studio uses registry for storing this and Nant read those entries but in
Nant you could specify more search paths via <assemblyfolders> than those in
registry. This functionality could be on Linux even more interesting than on
Windows. Registry stuff should be simly skipped ( includevsfolders
attribute)

>> - not sure if we wil be able to use the HINTPATH on unix
>
>Again, the above might be possible.

Not sure about this as well. I do not find hintpath useful at all ;-)

Hintpath = path from where was reference created. So this is usually useful
only on the same machine as project was created (reference added) and I
think not many projects (.csprojs) are created on Linux...

Regards,
Martin