Hi,

I reworked my ftp-up and ftp-down task. The zip file
containing the code for both tasks is offline. Instead there
is a new file online at
http://www.livingit.de/downloads/ftp-task.zip.

It provides one task <ftp> capable of up-/downloading
ascii/binary files to an anonymous/authenticated ftp server.

In short there are those properties in ftp:

server = nema or ip of the ftp server
remotepath = directory to upload to or to download from
port = give a different port than 21

You can authenticate with a credentials subelement. It
evaluates the username and password properties. username
defaults to anonymous, password to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

You have 4 filesets:

up-binary, up-ascii, down-binary and down-ascii

If downloading use the basedir property to set the local
directory. This path will be stripped for the files to
download. Instead the remotepath property is used.

A short exapmple:

<ftp server="my-ftp.de" remotepath="www/">
        <credentials username="user" password="pass" />
        <up-binary>
                <include name="test.zip" />
        </up-binary>
        <up-ascii>
                <include name="ascii.txt" />
        </up-ascii>
        <down-binary>
                <include name="test2.zip" />
        </down-binary>
        <down-ascii basedir="C:\">
                <include name="ascii2.txt" />
        </down-ascii>
</ftp>

Open for completion: Read a subelement <script> that
contains simple ftp commands and execute them.

The files are processed in the following order:

1 upload binary
2 upload ascii
3 download binary
4 download ascii

After that a future script element will be processed.

Open for any suggestions,
Sascha

--
sa at programmers-world dot com http://www.livingit.de