Giuseppe Greco wrote:

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 14:38, Ian MacLean wrote:

Giuseppe Greco wrote:

Hi all,

Attached to this email you'll find the
implementation of the <ildasm> task. This
is just a proposal. Comments are welcome!

I'm assuming the rebuild flag was copied over from ilasm.cs and doesn't need to be there ?

No, look at the Ildasm::NeedsDisassebling() method: I check whether the source PE file has been modified after the output file was generated...

If you want, I can just remove it... but why should we
generate the IL output again if the source PE has not
been modified?

no thats fine - but maybe it shouldn't be called rebuild since its not building its disassembling. Or am i just being pedantic ?

I wonder if have a fileset for sources would be useful. With a fileset you'd get one output file for each assembly specified just changing the name from <>.dll/exe to <>.il .You'd have to spawn the ildasm executable multiple times but that shouldn't be a problem.

No, that wouldn't be a problem at all... should I implement it?

I think so. Take a look at DelaySignTask.cs to see an example of running the wrapped executable once for each source file.

Question: I've refined the comments in IlasmTask.cs... should I
resent it to you?

Thats ok. If you're going to implement the above feature I'll wait till thats done.

Ian