After thinking about it for a bit, I'll repeat what I said earlier, Typed
properties would be cool.

That being said, I think that it should be looked at and placed on the road map
somewhere down the road.  Around .87 or .88.

We have been 7 months without a "release".  We can't keep adding new features
and hope that they will go in with no problems and or side effects.  At the
same time, this is a volunteer effort so the reality is that people only have a
limited amount of time and that for the most part, people are going to work on
what they want to work on.  ...  Some of the project management tasks are very
"un-sexy", tedious and pretty much not rewarded.

We are an Agile development tool, I'm thinking that we have the chance to
demonstrate the value of an agile methodology (multiple incremental builds,
always in a stable state)

What would it take for us to put out a release candidate, on say, August 4th,
that gives us 2 weeks to make it happen.

Speaking of which, I have not been able to find the roadmap, or vision document
for NAnt.  Can someone point me in their direction?

Thanks

Malcolm

--- Jaroslaw Kowalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Troy Laurin wrote:
>
> > Jarek, others,
> >
> > I kind of like the idea of a property having a type, but I have a few
> > questions regarding implementation...
> >

> > Notwithstanding, "it's possible to do it without breaking
> > compatibility"... you can't claim this if you are making a change that
> > turns a previously valid operation into an error!
>
> Yes, but there's been no stable release of NAnt + expressions. We've had a
> discussion with Gert some time ago and agreed we need to get rid of
> implicit conversions by the time 0.85 ships.

=====
"Oh Bother!" said the Borg, "We just assimilated Pooh."