From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Go, Terry
Sent: Thursday, 5 August 2004 4:58 AM

Hi,

First of all, thanks for providing this fantastic tool for .NET developers!

I’ve got this error message when I pass the string, “"E:\Projects\Wsg\PrivateClient\Bernstein.com B78.1\..\setupfiles\PCWebApp2Setup-v1.78.2.115.msi"” as “program” attribute. (note that I put actual double quotes)

INTERNAL ERROR

System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.

   at System.IO.Path.IsPathRooted(String path)

   at NAnt.Core.Tasks.ExecTask.get_ProgramFileName()

   at NAnt.Core.Tasks.ExecTask.ExecuteTask()

   at NAnt.Core.Task.Execute()

   at NAnt.Core.Target.Execute()

   at NAnt.Core.Project.Execute(String targetName, Boolean forceDependencies)

   at NAnt.Core.Project.Execute()

   at NAnt.Core.Project.Run()

Please send bug report to [EMAIL PROTECTED].

When I run this in the command prompt it works fine.

Could you have a look at this and fix?

Regards,

Terry

Terry,

Quotes are not needed in any file attributes in NAnt.  The attribute is correctly interpreted as referring to a single file/path, even if there are spaces in the path.

Does the build work correctly if you remove the quotes?

Also, I believe the recommended way of specifying the full path to the program to be executed is through a combination of program and basedir attributes:

<exec program="PCWebApp2Setup-v1.78.2.115.msi" basedir="E:\Projects\Wsg\PrivateClient\Bernstein.com B78.1\..\setupfiles" />

I don't know if this contributes to the issue at all.  If you only have the full path and program in a single property, you can separate them using the path::get-file-name and path::get-directory-name functions available in NAnt 0.85 and later.

Regards,

-- Troy

Disclaimer Message:

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify the sender. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Immersive Technologies Pty. Ltd. does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.