Andy Sipe wrote:

I'm in the process of implementing a parallel type task (similiar to the existing Ant task).

I've pretty much got it working and was playing with it in our current build file. The first thing I found was that properties that are declared within a target are global in scope. Needless to say, this caused a lot of problems when targets began to run at the same time.

I did a bit of snooping in the archives and found that at one point (http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg03300.html) there was talk of having the ability to scope properties to a given target vs being global. Has this been implemented in any way?

No - not yet. I think we had basically decided that there was no pressing need for scoped properties. Perhaps you've just found one.

I was under the impression that Ant properties also have global scope but maybe this has changed recently. From "Ant - the definitive guide":

"the other prominent property characteristic is that properties are always global in scope. "

If this is still true then I wonder how the parallel task in Ant works around it.

Ian

--
Ian MacLean, Developer, ActiveState, a division of Sophos
http://www.ActiveState.com