https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=402868&aid=1110737&group_id=31650

Category: Tasks
Group: 0.84-rc1

Initial Comment:
The exception:

System.Exception: Couldn't find referenced type
library 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\Msvbvm60.dll\3'.
   at NAnt.VSNet.Reference.HandleWrapperImport
(XmlElement elemReference) in D:\Program
Files\NAnt\NAnt.84\src\NAnt.VSNet\Reference.cs:line
387
   at NAnt.VSNet.Reference..ctor(Solution solution,
ProjectSettings ps, XmlElement elemReference,
SolutionTask solutionTask, String outputDir) in
D:\Program Fil
es\NAnt\NAnt.84\src\NAnt.VSNet\Reference.cs:line 124
   at NAnt.VSNet.Project.Load(Solution sln, String
projectPath) in D:\Program Files\NAnt\NAnt.84
\src\NAnt.VSNet\Project.cs:line 194
   at NAnt.VSNet.ProjectFactory.LoadProject(Solution
sln, SolutionTask slnTask,TempFileCollection tfc, String
outputDir, String path) in D:\Program
Files\NAntNAnt.84\src\NAnt.VSNet\ProjectFactory.cs:line 70
[more deleted...]

As best I can tell, the problem is because the
HandleWrapperImport method encounters a typelib
registration format it isn't expecting. The problem occurs
in the lines:

_typelibFile = (string) registryKey.GetValue(null);

if (!File.Exists(_typelibFile)) {
   throw new Exception(string.Format
(CultureInfo.InvariantCulture,
   "Couldn't find referenced type library '{0}'.",
_typelibFile));

The value for the VB.NET runtime library
is "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Msvbvm60.dll\3", where I
believe the "\3" on the end refers to the resource id.
Some other typelib registrations also have this format so
I don't believe it is an error, although I am by no means
a COM registration wizard.

My workaround is to remove the last two characters if
the string ends in "\3", but that's obviously not so
robust, and I'm not sure if there's other code that would
depend on loading the typelib resource out of the file. It
did seem to fix the problem.

So long,
JR