Sorry for the cross post, but I'm not sure which list Jim is monitoring :-)

I've run into an issue with the MSM task and the way it is filling out the
MSM summary table via <properties>  See
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1149861&group_id=54
790&atid=474851 for a little more detail.

The end result is that the MSM modules cannot be used in 3rd party apps like
wise or installshield.

In order to set the msm Summary:Title and Author fields the Property
ProductName and Manufacturer are used and placed in both the Summary  and
Property table.

However if you merge that msm into an msi, the msm ProductName will
overwrite the value in the MSI.

If you leave the ProductName/Manufacture off, then Wise and InstallShield
won't display any information on the MSM.

So there should be a way to set the information in the summary table (Title,
Subject, Author, Key Words, Comments, Last Saved By, and Package Code.  And
nothing should be required in the properties section (as it is now).

Also,
  I've put in a few bugs with patches for some small items:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1153721&group_id=54
790&atid=474851

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1153718&group_id=54
790&atid=474851

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1149948&group_id=54
790&atid=474851

If someone could take a look at those I think they get a few small things.
The patch for the search function fixes one thing, but doesn't make the
search app work :-(

I'm putting together a large MSI built from a library of NAnt built MSM
files.  This wouldn't even be remotely possible without Nant's MSI/MSM
tasks.

Thanks

John Cole