Message generated for change (Comment added) made by ianm74
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=402868&aid=1077323&group_id=31650

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The call task now executes all dependencies of the
specified target by default and the Force attribute is
deprecated. However I think there is still a clear need
to be able to call a single target by itself without
cascading dependencies.

Without it you need to add dummy targets to fix up the
dependency chain -- like:

<target name="install" depends="install-windows,
install-linux" />

when it would be better to have the install target call
one and only one of the install-xx targets without
re-building their dependencies.

So I propose a "cascade" attribute ( as always feel
free to suggest a different name ) which defauts to
true ( the current behaviour ). Setting it to false
allows you to call a single target.

Its basically inverting the behaviour of the old Force
attribute.