Message generated for change (Comment added) made by drieseng
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=402868&aid=1288969&group_id=31650

not just the latest update.
>Category: Tasks
>Group: 0.85

Initial Comment:
The problem lies here:

nant 0.85.rc3

ManagedProjectBase.cs : 93

The BuildAction attribute of the XML node is referenced
without first checking to see if it actually exists in the
document. This causes the build to dir horribly with a
mysterious "null reference exception".

The .csproj files that caused this were all generated by
VS.Net, so this param probably needs to be checked
before use. I would suggest just defaulting to "Compile"
and displaying a strong warning. I have made this
particular change to my source tree and it seems to
work fine:

                                if( null !=
elemFile.Attributes[ "BuildAction" ] )
                                {

        buildAction = elemFile.Attributes
[ "BuildAction" ].Value;
                                }
                                else
                                {

        Log( Level.Error, string.Format( "Invalid or
empty BuildAction for file: {0}", elemFile.Attributes
[ "RelPath" ] ) );
                                }

This happens to many (> 25%) of our projects, and we
only use VS.NET 2003 and never hand-modify (or
merge) project files.