Matt Trentini wrote:

Heya folks,

I've written a few NAnt custom tasks (some of which I want to roll
into NAntContrib) and I'd like to generate documentation for them in
the NAnt format.

How do I do that?

I've trawled the mail archives and various parts of the source code
but I can't seem to find any documentation.  I'm aware that NDoc is
used with a custom XML and stylesheet (http://tinyurl.com/a5gyp) but
where do they live?
Hi Matt,
Its all done auto-magically. If you are building tasks outside of the nantContrib source tree you should just be able to use the following <ndoc> task invocation :

 <ndoc>
               <assemblies basedir=".">
                   <include name="Matts.Task.Assembly.dll" />
</assemblies>
               <documenters>
                   <documenter name="NAnt">
<property name="OutputDirectory" value="${build.dir}/doc/help" /> <property name="SdkDocVersion" value="${link.sdkdoc.version}" /> ...

NAnt ships with a custom NDoc documenter ( NDoc.Documenter.NAnt.dll ) which formats the comments into the NAn t format. Just take a look at the xml code comments in some of the core NAnt tasks to see how to layout the documentation.

If you are building inside the NAntContrib tree - ie when moving your tasks to NAntContrib - just run the userdoc target and it should pick up any new classes added to the tree.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Looking forward to seeing your custom tasks.

Ian