From: chellu pradeep [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2005 4:26 PM
To: Martin Aliger
Subject: RE: [nant-dev] writing the NAnt output to a log file ??

even after i use <exec> task's output attribute i can see the result on the
command prompt screen as well as the output gets logged onto a log file. Am
i missing something here?

NOTE: I am using NAnt 0.85 rc3 and NantContrib 0.85 rc3

--Pradeep

Martin Aliger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

           <exec program="..\nant\bin\nant.exe"
commandline="-buildfile:MiddleTier\MTM.MiddleTier.build build >
..\..\..\Log\MTM.MiddleTier.build.log" />

This will never work. ">" sign is shell (cmd.exe) special handling, its not
common to process running. NAnt's <exec> task have special attribute for
file-redirection. See
http://nant.sourceforge.net/nightly/latest/help/tasks/exec.html expecially
output and append attributes.

Martin

  _____

Yahoo! Shopping
Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Yahoo!
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/footer/shopping/*http://shopping.yahoo.com/;
_ylc=X3oDMTE2bzVzaHJtBF9TAzk1OTQ5NjM2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFnBHNsawNob2xpZGF5LTA1>
Shopping