Hello,

you got it. It is only difference.

Reasoning:
There are scenarios where you have to test, whether some element/attribute
is present in the xml. Its _not_ an error, if such element/attribute is
missing. Since xmlpeek task report it via exception, and even with
failonerror set it is considered error, blaming nant users with false
errors.

I'm open to any changes/expansions to this. Maybe defaultValue="whatever" is
better? (and use this value if no match found?)

Martin Aliger