Message generated for change (Comment added) made by billholmes54
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=402868&aid=1733671&group_id=31650

not just the latest update.
Category: Core
Group: unknown

Initial Comment:
We are experiencing a problem with NAnt in our build process.  Sporadically we
receive the following message when building a mono target…

The current runtime framework 'mono-2.0' is not correctly configured in the
NAnt configuration file. Function call failed. Expression:
${path::combine(prefix, 'lib/mono/1.0')}

This rarely occurs on a duel processor machine however our build server is a
quad core duel processor that produces this message much more often.

I have tracked this down to the ExternalProgramBase class not completely
protecting (TextWriter) OutputWriter member from multiple threads.  The fix is
to add two more lock statements.  Please see attached patch.

I have also created a sample program that mimics the bug.  This sample runs
pkg-config and collects the standard output in the same way ExternalProgramBase
ExecuteTask does.  If you can get this attached program to run and show the
bug, simply then go to lines 43 and 65 and uncomment them.  The bug should then
go away.  This exercise should help understand the problem we found and the
proposed patch for ExternalProgramBase.cs.