I am able to partially answer my own question.

2) some failing tests
This was caused by failing XmlPokeTests. For some reason, I tried to merge
patch 2807498 earlier. But instead of merging both XmlPokeTask and
XmlPokeTest, only the latter was committed. I have re-commit XmlPokeTask,
and the tests are running fine again. (Thanks, Ryan for pinpointing the problem
from the mess.)

1) formatting problem
This is still a puzzle.

Regards,