Message generated for change (Comment added) made by cchan_qa
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=402868&aid=2981389&group_id=31650

not just the latest update.
Category: Tasks
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The current zip task in Nant  v0.90

In the following example;
zipfile should create a folder structure ( ${root.dir}/${which.platform} ) with
the zip file in that folder.
Currently, one has to use the mkdir task first to create the folder structure
${root.dir}/${which.platform}

<zip zipfile="${root.dir}/${archive}/test.zip">
        <fileset basedir="${stage.dir}">
                <include name="**/**"/>
        </fileset>
</zip>

Date: 2010-04-09 21:25

Message:
After reviewing the latest comments, the team agrees it's is a good idea to
make sure the <zip> is consistent with the <copy> task.

Also, it's true that Ant's implementation of the <zip> task does in fact
create the parent folder as well (line 623):
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/Zip.java?revision=910825&view=markup

I will assign this to myself and fix in an upcoming release.

Comment By: fmhome (fmhome)
Date: 2010-04-09 03:19

Message:
I understand what you are trying to say but, I think the code should be
consistent across the board. If you look at the "Copy Task"

It does the same and create the folder structure, if it doesn't exist
already. Eventhough, you are copying 1 file.

Also, to make my case stronger. The same zip task in ant creates the
folder structure as well. Take a look at the ant examples here...

http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/zip.html

Also, the NAnt zip task do not have a proper error message when it fails
if the directory structure is not created in advance.

I would and I am sure quite a few more people would appreciate if this can
be modified.

Thanks.

Comment By: Dominik Guder (dogu)
Date: 2010-04-05 21:15

Message:
Hi,

I see your point, but I don't see that zip task is responsible to create
any parent directories if they not exists. Maybe someone will see this
different, but zip task should deal with zip files not with dir layout.

So I don't see any needs to change this. (This will also duplicate code.)

Comment By: fmhome (fmhome)
Date: 2010-04-05 16:17

Message:
Sorry for the confusion here...
Let me clarify this issue.

The issue is with zipfile attribute of zip task.
<zip zipfile="${root.dir}/${archive}/test.zip">

When the task is excuted, the task doesn't create the
${root.dir}/${archive} folder structure and fail, unless the structure is
already there.
Sometime, users want to put the final zip file in a different folder.
Otherwise one has to use mkdir to create the dir structure first then call
the zip task.

IMO... This is an un-necesary additional step.

Comment By: Dominik Guder (dogu)
Date: 2010-04-03 12:28

Message:
I know that this would be helpfull, but IMHO when you are zipping a folder
(in windows) with winzip when you won't get this main directory added to
zip.
But you might take a look into docu:
http://nant.sourceforge.net/release/latest/help/types/zipfileset.html
use
<fileset basedir="${stage.dir}" prefix="${which.platform}"> to create your
toplevel directory
hth Dominik

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=402868&aid=2981389&group_id=31650