Message generated for change (Comment added) made by fmhome
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=402868&aid=2986656&group_id=31650

not just the latest update.
Category: Tasks
Group: 0.85

Initial Comment:
Hi,

The following info seems to be misleading and has a bug, unless I am totally
missing the logic here.

Example: (From NAnt doc)
Set the build.date property.

<tstamp property="build.date" pattern="yyyyMMdd" verbose="true" />

No matter what pattern you use. The task returns the same output as below...

Buildfile: file:///C:/test.build
Target framework: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0

   [tstamp] Tuesday, April 13, 2010 9:46:38 AM.

BUILD SUCCEEDED

Total time: 0 seconds.

Date: 2010-04-13 20:30

Message:
Yes, it works for me as well :)

But, what I was trying to say and IMO the actual task should not echo by
default...everytime
[tstamp] Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:47:58 PM.

and instead it should echo only
[tstamp] build.date = 20100413

in your example.

The issue here is when you output the build log using
NAnt.Core.XmlLogger,
The timestamp is actually really doesn't make sense and it is hard to
traverse through the log, if one is trying to parse the whole log and
reading the info for some sort of report.

It is not a big deal, but it would be cleaner that way. I hope I am able
to convey my message across.

Thanks again...

Comment By: Ryan Boggs (rmboggs)
Date: 2010-04-13 17:50

Message:
Works for me...

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<project name="t_test" default="t_target">
    <target name="t_target">
        <tstamp property="build.date" pattern="yyyyMMdd" verbose="true"
/>
    </target>
</project>

Output:
NAnt 0.90 (Build 0.90.3752.0; nightly; 4/10/2010)
Copyright (C) 2001-2010 Gerry Shaw
http://nant.sourceforge.net

Buildfile: file:///C:/temp/t_test.build
Target framework: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
Target(s) specified: t_target

t_target:

   [tstamp] Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:47:58 PM.
   [tstamp] build.date = 20100413.

BUILD SUCCEEDED

Total time: 0 seconds.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=402868&aid=2986656&group_id=31650