Hi.

I apologize if I missed something, but I did not find this definitively
addressed in the nant-dev archives.  Pointers to clues will be graciously
accepted.

This post is motivated by my interest in getting NAnt to work on .NET 4,
with all its changes to the Code Access Security model.  I am one of the
people for whom installation of .NET 4 breaks the NAnt runtime (for all
target frameworks).  On to the question!

Question: Is there a technical reason for the nightly nant to use version
1.2.9 of log4net instead of the latest 1.2.10 ?  (I infer this from the DLL
header.)

I realize that the widely-assumed guarantee of .NET backward compatibility
should make this irrelevant, an assumption stated at
http://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/framework-support.html.   But it
also seems noteworthy that log4net has not yet released a .NET 4 build *and*
nightly NAnt appears to die for me with a System.Security.SecurityException
originating in log4net.  I hypothesize that the log4net project has not yet
dealt with the breaking CAS changes in .NET 4.  If this hypothesis is
correct, then updating log4net to .NET 4 could improve the compatibility of
NAnt with .NET 4.

So... before I consider making log4net play nice with .NET 4, I'd like to
know if there is any reason not to start with log4net 1.2.10.

Thanks,
Carlos