Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by rmboggs
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=402868&aid=3415420&group_id=31650

not just the latest update.
Category: Core
>Group: 0.91-beta1

Initial Comment:
When I try to run NAnt 0.91 Beta 1, I get an error that looks similar to the
one at
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3383872&group_id=31650&atid=402868

C:\>nant
log4net:ERROR XmlConfiguratorAttribute: Exception getting ConfigurationFileLocat
ion. Must be able to resolve ConfigurationFileLocation when ConfigFile and Confi
gFileExtension properties are not set.
System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Se
curity.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
 PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.
   at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMa
rk& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet)
   at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(CodeAccessPermission cap, S
tackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand()
   at System.AppDomainSetup.VerifyDir(String dir, Boolean normalize)
   at log4net.Util.SystemInfo.get_ConfigurationFileLocation()
   at log4net.Config.XmlConfiguratorAttribute.ConfigureFromFile(Assembly sourceA
ssembly, ILoggerRepository targetRepository)
The action that failed was:
Demand
The type of the first permission that failed was:
System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission
The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
Internet

Unhandled Exception: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for Configuratio
nPermission failed while attempting to access configuration section 'nant'. To a
llow all callers to access the data for this section, set section attribute 'req
uirePermission' equal 'false' in the configuration file where this section is de
clared. ---> System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of ty
pe 'System.Configuration.ConfigurationPermission, System.Configuration, Version=
4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' failed.
   at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMa
rk& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet)
   at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(CodeAccessPermission cap, S
tackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand()
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.CheckPermissionAllowed(String
 configKey, Boolean requirePermission, Boolean isTrustedWithoutAptca)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.CheckPermissionAllowed(String
 configKey, Boolean requirePermission, Boolean isTrustedWithoutAptca)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String co
nfigKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Bool
ean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey)
   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Intern
al.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(String sectionName)
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
   at NAnt.Console.ConsoleStub.Framework.GetRuntimeFramework()
   at NAnt.Console.ConsoleStub.Main(String[] args)

Comment By: rstackhouse (rstackhouse)
Date: 2011-10-03 12:48

Message:
The last error I got was due to a missing using statement.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304656. One more lesson in "Select isn't
broken."

Comment By: rstackhouse (rstackhouse)
Date: 2011-09-30 06:15

Message:
Pushing the "Unblock" button got rid of the security error (nice catch
BTW), but now it seems like it can't find mscorlib.dll in .NET 4.

Comment By: Stefan Bodewig (bodewig)
Date: 2011-09-29 21:06

Message:
If you have downloaded the ZIP distribution, make sure you have unblocked
the ZIP before extracting it (it's a button on the first tab of the
property sheet for the ZIP).  If you don't do that the DLLs will get
blocked by the system as well.

Comment By: Ryan Boggs (rmboggs)
Date: 2011-09-29 16:59

Message:
If you can please do me a favor, in the NAnt.exe.config file in the
configSections, add 'requirePermissions="False" to both the nant and
log4net sections and see if that works.

Posted on Pastebin for better visual:
http://pastebin.com/wbmtBS8p

Comment By: rstackhouse (rstackhouse)
Date: 2011-09-29 14:36

Message:
I forgot to mention I'm running 64 bit Windows 7. Don't know if that makes
a difference or not.

Comment By: Ryan Boggs (rmboggs)
Date: 2011-09-29 10:50

Message:
Thanks for providing this level of detail.  I will look into this shortly.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=402868&aid=3415420&group_id=31650