I seem to recall the same issue. What I ended up doing was a copy, then delete
the old file then "move" to the original file name.

BOb

From: Beth Hechanova [mailto:bhechan...@imsco-us.com]
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2010 2:44 PM
To: nant-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [NAnt-users] Edit a file in place using replacetokens

Hi,

I have a token, @PARTNUMBER@ defined in a file, and I would like to replace it
during the build process.  However I'd prefer to edit the file in place rather
than copy or move to a different file.  I've tried both copy and move with the
overwrite=true option, but both ignore the self-copy or self-move.

This is what I currently have in my target:
    <move tofile="..\install\${installer.base.name}.aip"
file="..\install\${installer.base.name}.aip" overwrite="true" >
      <filterchain>
        <replacetokens>
          <token key="PARTNUMBER" value="${partNumber}" />
        </replacetokens>
      </filterchain>
    </move>

If I change the name of the tofile attribute to something other than the source
filename, then it works fine.  However I would rather just edit the file in
place.  Is this possible?

I am using NAnt 0.86 (Build 0.86.3412.0; nightly; 5/5/2009)

Thanks,
Beth

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential & proprietary to
Systems and
Software Enterprises, Inc. (dba IMS). This information is intended solely for
the use of
the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Access or transmittal of the
information
contained in this e-mail, in full or in part, to any other organization or
persons is not
authorized.