Gert Driesen wrote:

Jeroen,

The <script> is currently not support on Mono. The reason for this is that the <script> task supports C#, VB.NET and JScript.NET, and Mono is still lacking support for JScript.NET (at least in officially released versions).

I wonder if we can get this working by loading the language providers via reflection. It would be a shame to do without the script task because of the lack of JScript which probably isn't even used that much for nant build scripts.

Yeah, we should probably also support third-party code generators/providers. Should we have a nested <generator> element, which has two attributes : assembly and provider (or so) :

<script>
<generator assembly="NemerleCodeProvider.dll" provider="Nemerle.Contrib.NemerleCodeProvider" />
<code>
</code>
</script>

(assembly could be optional)

I already have this working with the following syntax:
<script language="Other" provider="Nemerle.Contrib.NemerleCodeProvider, NemerleCodeProvider.dll">
</script> - although I'm testing with boo rather than Nemerle.

I'd prefer not to have to add another element but thats an option I guess.

or should we just allow users to specify a fully qualified name for a class implementing System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider in the language attribute ?

In that case, the assembly containing the codeprovider should be in the GAC, but I don't think that's really an issue ...

I just allow the provider attribute to be just the class name to support GAC'd providers.

I have the 'built in' providers loading dynamically as well - ie with no hard reference to JScriptProvider

Ian