-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bevan Arps
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 14:13
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sourceforge. Net
Subject: RE: [Nant-users] Transactionality in NAnt

> I agree that a build is not a deployment, but I do believe a build can

> be a component of a deployment.

I am also looking to use NAnt as both a build tool and a deployment
tool. (Haven't got there yet, still setting up infrastructure).

I disagree, however, with the premise that NAnt should be fully
transactional.

Why?

For NAnt to be fully transactional, every task needs to have built in
"smarts" to support rollback.

[Rest of message snipped]