From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ian MacLean
Sent: donderdag 11 augustus 2005 4:25
To: McKenna, Simon (RGH)
Cc: 'nant-users@lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: Re: [Nant-users] pkg-config and environment variables

Hi Simon,
the pkg-config functions spawn the pkg-config binary behind the scenes. It might be worth trying to <exec> pkg-config yourself and see what it returns. As far as I know PKG_CONFIG_PATH is what pkg-config uses to find packages.

You could also try iterating over the contents of System.Environment in a <script> tag to verify that those variables are actually being exported correctly by/from the hook script.

Ian

McKenna, Simon (RGH) wrote:

Hi,

The latest NAnt nightlies have kissed and made up with Mono on
Linux (yay!), but under one particular circumstance, namely when
a NAnt build is being invoked without any environment variables
set (triggered in a Subversion hook), I'm having problems with
pkg-config being unable to find mono. The error message is:

"Unable to locate 'mono' module using pkg-config"

NAnt.exe.config seems to be place where it fails:

<if test="${not pkg-config::exists('mono')}">
  <fail>...

Can someone please enlighten me as to what needs to be set?

I've tried exporting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH and relevant PATH settings
in my normal user environment (which is working fine) to the hook
script that is failing, but this doesn't seem to doing the job.

Using NAnt 0.85.2022 (15/07/2005) with Mono 1.1.8.3 on SuSE 9.3

Mono is installed using mono-1.1.8.3_0-installer.bin

cheers
si

September 19-22, 2005 * San Francisco, CA * Development
Lifecycle Practices
Agile & Plan-Driven Development * Managing Projects & Teams
* Testing & QA
Security * Process Improvement & Measurement *
http://www.sqe.com/bsce5sf