gertdriesen wrote:

>> hey all
>>
>>    I am trying to run nant against mono-3.5 on a windows machine on which
>> have copied all mono files/folders without performing an actual mono
>> installation.
>>
>>    While running nant chokes on <target name="configure-from-registry">
>> trying to read SOFTWARE\Novell\Mono\DefaultCLR registry key in
>> Nant.exe.config
>>
>>   I can fix this issue by removing all readregistry calls in this profile
>> and setting sdkInstallRoot , frameworkAssemblyDirectory, configDir myself
>> because i know these paths relative to nant::get-base-directory.
>>
>>    If possible I would like to avoid this so that I can upgrade to the
>> latest version of nant as and when  they are released without editing the
>> exe.config
>>
>> My questions are
>>
>> 1) Is there a different way to achieve the same behavior.
>
> No, we could add a fallback mechanism where we'd check if mono.exe is in
> the
> PATH,
> and deduce all other path information from that.
>
>> 2) Does nant allow you to define custom frameworks without modifying
>> Nant.exe.config ?
>
> No, and AFAIK you're the first one to request such a feature.
> It has crossed my mind before, but I haven't had time to look into it yet.
>
> Gert

  Our build system is currently all csprojs and MSBUILD. I am trying to get
things working with nant to target mono.  What I am trying to avoid is
requiring all other developers to install mono/nant.   This is specially
critical when we have multiple branches and if and when other branches are
built against a different version of mono/nant.
-Raj