Hi

I have developed a Nant task to run Microsoft's new StyleCop C# code analyser and would like to contribute it.

However, I am concious this introduces a 3rd party library dependency as StyleCop ships as assembly dlls rather than a command line exe.

In order for my task to run, the .Net runtime must locate the main StyleCop assembly. To achieve this, I currently:

1. Install StyleCop under Nant's folder: nant-0.85\bin\lib\StyleCop\4.3\
2. Modify the assembly probing path in nant.exe.config: <probing privatePath="lib;lib\StyleCop\4.3" />

At runtime, the steps above are only required if my task is actually called. NantContrib users who are not interested in StyleCop would not need to install it or modify anything.

At compile time, however, the steps are required (plus a reference added within nantcontrib.build) otherwise my task will break the build.

What do you think ?

Regards
David Williams