ping ?

Rémi

On 04/13/2015 09:08 AM, Remi Forax wrote:
Hi guys,
I've written a simple AOT compiler [1] that takes a javascript file and transform it to a .class file that can run with a very small runtime. It uses the Nashorn Parser API and also Nashorn to bootstrap itself (the AOT is written in JavaScript).

While the runtime is fairly naive, everything is considered as an java.lang.Object and JS Objects are hash maps (each field is accessed through a double indirection), I've found that Nashorn was really slow to run the AOT script (jsjs.js) compared to using jsjs to compile itself, given that some Nashorn stacktraces seems to show recompilation on top of recompilation on ... etc, I think there is a bug that lies somewhere in the runtime of Nashorn.

You can run Nashorn on jsjs.js that way:
jjs -J-Xbootclasspath/p:lib/nashorn.jar -cp classes:lib/asm-debug-all-5.0.3.jar jsjs.js -- jsjs.js

and jsjs on jsjs.js that way:
java -Xbootclasspath/p:lib/nashorn.jar -cp .:classes:lib/asm-debug-all-5.0.3.jar jsjs jsjs.js

cheers,
Rémi

[1] https://github.com/forax/jsjs

  • JsJs Remi Forax