FYI, the reason for using Any is specified in the thread:

> I still need to figure out the minimal descriptive pom.xml (dependencies
etc., no build information) in order to be able to produce Maven artifacts.
Right now, Nashorn’s build and test process is highly customized set of Ant
build.xml files, so it can’t just be converted to “vanilla” Maven or
Gradle. It’s a long term goal though (to switch it from our custom Ant
build.xml to either one of these.) Initially, it might make sense to use
Apache Ivy within our Ant build to handle both dependencies and publication.

Ben Evans <benjamin.john.ev...@gmail.com> 于 2020年11月17日周二 上午10:37写道: