Hi ... I'm trying to assess a potential memory leak in my system that heavily
uses Nashorn. When I start up a relatively simple environment (simple in terms
of usage compared to our prod env), I quickly see a lot of nashorn stuff. For
example:

object count     total size    class name
      47179        4529184
jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.RecompilableScriptFunctionData
      1413          45216    jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.Source
      1413          33912    jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.Source$RawData
      708          16992    jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.ScriptObjectMirror

The problem is that I don't know how to assess whether this is unusual because
I can't find any online guidance about what these things are and what they
correspond to in terms of Nashorn's public classes/objs like a) nashorn
engines; b) objects in global namespace of individual nashorn engines; c)
ScriptObjectMirrors resulting from engine.eval(..); d) etc. Is there
documentation anywhere of what these things are? Or of how to assess what would
be considered a memory leak? (i.e., an ureasonable proliferation of internal
Nashorn objects)?

thank you for any suggestions

thom.

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be confidential and/or
privileged.

If you are not one of the named recipients or have received this email in error,

(ii) please notify sender of your receipt by reply email and delete this email
and all attachments,

(iii) Dassault Syst?mes does not accept or assume any liability or
responsibility for any use of or reliance on this email.

Please be informed that your personal data are processed according to our data
privacy policy as described on our website. Should you have any questions
related to personal data protection, please contact 3DS Data Protection Officer
at 3ds.compliance-priv...@3ds.com<mailto:3ds.compliance-priv...@3ds.com>

For other languages, go to https://www.3ds.com/terms/email-disclaimer