And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

This message is forwarded to you as a service of Zapatistas Online.
Comments and volunteers are welcome.  Write [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send submissions to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 18:01:44 -0800
Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: NCDM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Arriba! Arriba! Andale! Andale!

Attention All Brigadas and Zapatista Supporters
Call For National Press Day to Promote the results of the Consulta Zapatista

First of all we want to commend all of you who have participated in the
historical
Consulta. We have succeeded in bringing attention to Indigenous rights in
Mexico to
the streets, our families, our community.
In Mexico the preliminary number of people who participated is 3 million
Mexicans,
we want to have have a preliminary number of participants in the U.S. by
Wednesday.
That means that we would need to have results from all of the brigadas by
Tuesday
night at the latest.  That includes the number of votes, and the break down
of those
votes as far as how many people answered yes to question 1, two question 2
etc. The
Oficina de Contacto has informed us that sending them all the ballots from
the U.S.
will be ineffective, since what they would only really need is the final
results.
We are suggesting that we turn them in to the Mexican Consulates here in
the U.S.
This would only be the ballots, for we would not turn in a single name of
someone
who voted in the Consulta.  We would turn in the votes on the National
Press day we
are proposing to have this Wednesday.

In order to get the results out to the public we are in the process of
organizing a
National Press Day for the Consulta on Wednesday, March 24th in front of
the Mexican
Consulate near you.  We are asking all Brigades and Zapatista supporters to
hold
simultaneous press conferences with local and national media in order to
promote the
results of the international Consulta.  Such a push will be important in
our joint
efforts across the U.S. to promote the political importance of the Consulta
on both
sides of the border, the continuing war in Chiapas, and the Zapatistas'
efforts to
find a peaceful and political solution to the conflict.  We ask that everyone
participating in the Consulta hold a press event on March 24th and contact
local and
national media about your local organizing efforts.  If you are able to
organize
such an event for Wednesday, please contact the NCDM with the details
before 3pm,
March 23th. This will enable the NCDM to promote local press events during our
outreach to national media outlets over the next 2 days.
Thank you and adelante con el trabajo companeros!!!!

QUE VIVA MEXICO!!!!
QUE VIVAN LOS ZAPATISTAS!!!!

NCDM