And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

From: "LPDC" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Leonard Peltier Defense Committee
PO Box 583  Lawrence, KS 66044 (785) 842-5774  (785) 842-5796

For immediate release:

All of the prisoners at US Federal Penitentiary Leavenworth have been under
lock down since Friday of last week.  The prisoners' cells have been
stripped of their belongings.  Today prisoners were allowed to be let out
of their cells for ten minutes to shower.  This was the first time they had
been let out since Friday.  A fight is what allegedly prompted prison
officials to lock down the prisoners however, they have locked everyone
down—regardless of whether they had any involvement in the alleged
altercation, details of which are not being released by prison officials.
Prisoners are not being allowed any legal visits or phone calls and we are
concerned for their safety.  Please call the prison immediately and ask
them on what grounds they are locking down inmates and ask them if Leonard
Peltier is okay.  Make sure they know that we are looking out for him.
Prison officials are usually extremely unresponsive to concerns, but it is
important that their phones ring.  Call your Congress and Senate people
immediately and ask them to inquire into the situation and to relay any
information to you that they receive. Thank you.

The LPDC

USPLeavenworth
913-867-8700

Bureau of Prisons
202-307-3198
202-514-6878 fax

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material is
distributed without profit or payment
...http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml