And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 22:18:09 EDT
Subject: Post to Big Mountain list

Dear Big Mountain Supporters,

This letter from Kee Shay was sent certified, return receipt requested to
Wayne Taylor, Chairman of the Hopi Tribe.  It is our hope he will grant an
extension of time to Kee Shay so that we can obtain copies of the Ordinances
cited in this Order.

Please keep the pressure up.
Yours sincerely,
Marsha

Kee Shay
P.O. Box 203
Kykotsmovi, AZ  86039

May 17, 1999

Wayne Taylor, Jr.
Chairman, The Hopi Tribe
P.O. Box 123
Kykotsmovi, AZ  86039

Dear Mr. Taylor,

I am submitting this written response to the Office of the Chairman to verify
that I received the Proposed Order of Exclusion on May 7 by US mail, also
seen hanging on the wall of the Kykotsmovi post office.

This date of May 7th represents the earliest date of receipt since no notice
appeared in the Navajo Times during the week of May 6, 1999 and no notice
appeared in the Navajo Hopi Observer during the week of May 5, 1999.

Therefore, counting 15 days from May 7th, I have until May 22, 1999 to submit
a complete response.  However, of significant importance to the merit of my
response, I must ask for a 30 day extension beyond May 22 until June 21, 1999
in order to obtain copies of the following documents and have time to review
its contents:

-  Ordinance 46 which I believe is the Exclusion Order
-  Ordinance 43, which I believe is the Grazing Ordinance
-  Unknown Ordinance number prohibiting unauthorized placement and/or
construction of dwelling and associated structures on the Hopi Reservation
and
-  all other Ordinances that apply under 2.  “You have violated other
ordinances.....”

Please send me copies of all these Ordinances and notification that you have
granted me an extension of time in writing to my address.  And upon receipt
and review of these documetns, will submit my response prior to June 21, 1999.

Yours sincerely,

Kee Shay
Reprinted under the fair use http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html