And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

In a message dated 5/10/99 11:26:02 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Subj:        Watson the Racist
 Date:  5/10/99 11:26:02 AM Pacific Daylight Time
 From:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 To:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 CC:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Ah-Ho Mr. Craven,
     I just read your article in 'Dark Nights' about this Watson
 claiming to have been made a 'brother' in WK-73. This past week I was
 with Crowdog and neither of us remember the events he outlined. Except the
obvious- Rocky was shot, Crowdog operated and people in the medic area
helped. The medic people were purposly kept from any involvement outside
their medical duties. This was at their own request to remain a neutral
group. They did not participate in any 'activities' or any decisions, they
carried no weapons and stayed seperate, so if this guy was 'honored' or
'named' the warriors missed it!

   Whatever he did ( if he was there) I am deeply offended by his
assertions that he was guided in his misdeeds by a 'vision' he was given at
WK73. We who were there would like to re-interpet his vision for him to show
him the Makah not eco-terrorists are the ones saving our whale  relatives.
His view is insulting to those of us who fought at Wounded Knee 73 and more
importantly it is insulting to the spirits of those buried there because of
people like Watson himself. Maybe we could politly invite him to return to
the Knee to Smoke once again with Rocky, Blackelk, Crowdog and myself (I'm
sure they will agree) so we can hear his 'vision' once again and give him
the true meaning.

    Thank you for your words on what WK73 was all about, what you said was
true, all in all a very good expose of environmental racism. Weebla-ho,
    Carter Camp---Oklahoma AIM--- Wounded Knee 73 leader

The reference is to my article in "Dark Night Field Notes" No. 14
"Chronicles of Ecoimperialism: Real Whales, Real People"
Dark Night Filed Notes may be obtained by subscription $18 per year US from
Dark Night Press, P.O. Box 3629, Chicago, IL 60690-3629; (207) 839-5794 also
the fax number.

Reprinted under the fair use http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html