And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Re:     Native America Calling Program Schedule
Feed Time:      M - F, 1300 - 1359 ET
NAC website: www.nativecalling.org

HOST: HARLAN McKOSATO           WELLNESS HOST: SHARON McCONNELL
PROGRAM SCHEDULE for May 31 - June 4, 1999

MON - 5/31: Memorial Day:
Today we take the time to remember those who have passed on. On this
Memorial Day Edition of NAC, we play you some of Native America's best music
of remembrance and retrospection. We'll also honor the memories of the great
Native activists we have lost this year. Joseph Leon hosts this edition.

TUE - 6/1: Current Events:
It's time to open the lines for you and invite you to share with us the
issues affecting your community. We'll also welcome back KIDE radio in Hoopa
California. This hip tribal station is back on the air and is taking the
meaning of radio active to a whole other level. Guest include Joe Orozco,
the General Manager of KIDE.

WED - 6/2: US Gambling Moratorium:
There is some talk in Washington, DC to put a moratorium on any new gaming
operations or expansions. A federal commission released a report suggesting
that gambling is creating problems like gambling addictions and a rise in
youth gambling. But it's not clear what the economic benefits are. So the
commission is looking to stop all new gaming until they figure out what the
different effects are. Does the federal government have the right to stop
tribal gaming expansions? Guests TBA.

THU - 6/3: Youth Gangstas:
Whether we like it or not, gangs have become part of the Native American
youth culture. Gangs and gang activities are a huge problem for every
community. But are there any positive things we can learn from gang
behavior? In the gang world, peers choose the leader, the kids defend their
turf and their people and they develop their own underground economies. If
these things were accomplished without shooting each other, or abusing drugs
and alcohol, wouldn't they then be acceptable and encouraged? Guests include
Jeri-Bruno Sampson, a Native American youth organizer.

PROGRAM SCHEDULE for Wellness Edition Programs for June

FRI - 6/4: Asthma & Allergies:
Health statistics show asthma is the most common, chronic childhood illness
in the United States, affecting 10 percent of the nation's children. While
the percentages are less for adults, the effects on their lives can be just
as great.  What causes asthma and how do allergies affect it?  Join host
Sharon McConnell and her guests as they talk about treating youthful asthma
patients on the next "Wellness Edition" of Native America Calling.

FRI - 6/11: Coming Home:
Thousands of American Indians and Alaska Natives find themselves serving
prison sentences.   When they're released, these men (and an increasing
number of women) find themselves trying to re-enter a society that often has
trouble accepting them. On this "Wellness Edition" of Native America
Calling, host Sharon McConnell and her guests discuss how can we
successfully re-integrate these Native brothers and sisters back into our
communities.

FRI - 6/18: A Star to Follow:
An important part of growing up was having someone you looked to, a role
model whom you admired and wanted to be like. Where do our children find
their heroes and role models today?  Are they sports, movie or music stars
or more "down to earth" heroes?  On the next "Wellness Edition" of Native
America Calling, host Sharon McConnell and her guests examine today's Native
youth and their role models.

FRI - 6/25: Dial-A-Doc
Our two doctors in radio-residency return to answer listeners' health and
prescription questions.  Doctors David Baines and Tom Nighswander will also
discuss with host Sharon McConnell of the latest medical developments
featured in the national media. So prepare your health questions for another
"radio house call" on the next "Wellness Edition" of Native America Calling.

For more information, please contact the following people:
Programming Questions: Joseph Leon, NAC 505-277-7999, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Distribution/Promotion: Eric Martin, AIROS 402-472-3287, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wellness Edition: Amber Clayman, Koahnic 907-258-8896, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Eric Martin
American Indian Radio On Satellite Director of Distribution
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Rock n' Roll is based on revolutions going way past 33 1/3."

        -- John Trudell, Baby Boom Che

Listen to Indian Radio on the Internet 24 hours a day at
airos.org/audio.html and don't forget to get added to our electronic program
guide by e-mailing us at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reprinted under the fair use http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html