And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 09:38:09 -0400
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (austin)
Subject: NAMMYs should ask the nominees

Khwe Ish:
This question of siting the 99 nammys in Albequerque vs any other US city,
and Nammy organizers' argument against a potential boycott of said city is
indicative of the 'sellout' mentality that exists whenever a social force
(music) begins to pick up marketing momentum/success (money). It is
incumbent, therefore, on the Nammy organizers, who owe their success to the
social force (musicians) and therefore begin to generate marketing momentum
(money) from the sweat of these same musician's (often) political energy
against negative social forces( racism) should poll the participants
(nominees) and ask their opinion of the situation RE the seemingly
genocide-friendly City Council of Albequerque, NM hosting a gathering of
Native American resisters against negative social forces. The spiritual
democracy of Native American music is by its very nature a political
animal. If they (Nammy organizers) want to ignore what's staring them in
the face (Nammy site/negative energy/bad kharma), t!
hen perhaps these organizers sould get a reality check and remenber why
we're all here, and soon...Maya prophecies say 2012 is our end game. There
is no time to waste on bad decisions!! (Ps-Nammys should be on sacred
Indian lands-not anywhere else...too bad the Pequots had to bail out this
year due to scheduling problems)

Blessings, Laughing Crow...