And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>From BIGMTLIST
From: BIGMTLIST <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I would like to share the following message with you.  In it, Susan makes
two interesting suggestions.  The first is a kind of buddy system.  She
 suggests that due to the potentially dangerous conditions on the land,
that there be a way that contact can be maintained so that we can be assured
of the safety of the various supporters.  (BTW, I have updated my web page
to include cell phone and satellite phone rentals by the day, week, or
month.  There is even an option to connect a laptop computer, so you can
keep us updated via the internet.  All you need is a credit card.)

The second idea comes from her vision, and makes me think that perhaps
we, as supporters, might try to establish an outreach program of communication
with various spiritual leaders, informing them of the situation and asking
for them to show solidarity with the Dineh.  This could be by their writing
letters, faxes, etc, as we supporters have done, to public figures,
politicians
and the news media.  Also, with the elders permission of course, they might
be invited to Big Muntain.  There has just been the sundance.  Perhaps
some spiritual convocation of all faiths could be organized to converge
on Big Mountain.  This, of course, would be a major media event.  These
are just some of my thoughts that got triggered by Susan's message.  Maybe
some of you with more organizaional experience than I have, and the
appropriate
contacts with the elders and the other spiritual leaders from various faiths
could pick up the ball on this.  However, it would be important to have
everyone working on this be coordianted and working together, and not have
several individuals or groups with different agendas getting in each other's
way.  The first step is to approach the elders with this idea, so for those
of you planning a trip to Big Mountain, or if you are in contact with people
there, please convey this idea to the Dineh elders.