And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

From: "LPDC" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: a short note and suggestion
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 11:41:47 -0500

Dear Peltier supporters,

Here is a quick suggestion for when you contact your Congresspeople.  Email
has little affect, according to congresspeople themselves.  A short hand
written letter or even post card has more weight than both emails, form
letters or petitions.  Faxes and phone calls are given a good amount of
weight as well.  The key is to coordinate it so that the letters, postcards,
phone calls, and or faxes made by you and your friends arrive on the same
day--that grabs their attention much more than when they stream in through
out the month.

Also, Jennifer Harbury has written a really well documented statement of
fact which you can pull off of our web site (address below)--it is actually
addressed to the members of Congress and we suggest that you attach it to
anything you send them.  Or, even better, a group of you may want to make an
appointment to bring it to them yourselves so that you can express your
concern over the continued incarceration of Leonard Peltier in person--this
is given THE most weight--just make sure you are prepared with the facts,
and if there is anything you are not sure about, refer them to our
office--no problem.  Thanks again!

---LPDC

It's 1999, why is Leonard Peltier still in prison???

Leonard Peltier Defense Committee
PO Box 583
Lawrence, KS 66044
785-842-5774