And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[note: some addresses are blind copied]

Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 13:23:31 -0400
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: Pat Morris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Camp Justice News

Tom Poor Bear just called us and there is some information he wants people
to know and asked me to post it as widely as possible. The events of the
march this past Saturday never made it to the media, and people need to
know the truth.

Tom said that the alcohol-selling establishments in Whiteclay close down
during the marches but then re-open and there is not any change in that -
he is tired of them not listening and he and other marchers stayed in
Whiteclay  to keep the sale of alcohol from happening. After 3-4 hours the
law enforcement people moved in and 3 state patrol cars and the sheriff
arrested Tom and charged him with trespassing. Tom was the ONLY person
arrested. He spent 6-7 hours in jail before the people could raise enough
money for his bail - the bond was $1500.00 and he needed $150.00 bail money.

Tom also addressed the issue of the Internet and postings there. He has no
direct access to the Internet and stated that he has told people that there
is no "authorization" for anyone - he does not use that word - his word is
that anyone who can print the news from there truthfully on the Internet so
that people will know what is going on, please do. He stressed "truthfully".

There is an URGENT need for money for posting bails for marchers to
Whiteclay. Tom wants people to know that they are starting to arrest the
marchers. They need bail money to get out of the jail. Please help
them!!!!!!!!! If you can send a dollar - if you can send ten dollars -
whatever you can send please do now. I am outraged that Tom had to spend
6-7 HOURS in jail while they tried to raise $150.00!! There are people who
could and should be helping and aren't. Please go to your local pow-wows
and ask the people for help. We need warriors who are willing to commit
themselves to this fight, even if it means getting arrested. My husband's
words: "If there were true warriors there they would have surrounded Tom
and said, 'if you take him you take us'. Where are the true hearts?"

Camp Justice
C/O Tom Poor Bear
PO Box 823
Pine Ridge, SD 57770