And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 07:19:02 -0400
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED],[EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: Lynne Moss-Sharman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Caldwell First Nation

Thursday, September 9, 1999
Nault sets Caldwell meetings, tours site
                                By CP

BLENHEIM --  The federal Minister of Indian Affairs and Northern
Development will meet with farmers this month to discuss
     establishing a new First Nations territory in southern Ontario.
Bob Nault said he will visit the Chatham-Kent area to talk to
residents about establishing the Caldwell First Nation and to tour the
proposed site. The First Nations group recently won a settlement from
Ottawa that gave them more than $23 million to establish a reserve in
southern Ontario -- $16 million of which will be used to purchase land. But
residents and group members alike are wary of the deal, which would
establish a reserve along the Lake Erie shoreline.
The group says it doesn't want the reserve established in the area
designated by Indian Affairs, arguing it isn't the original grounds of the
Chippawa. Art Stirling, communications officer for the group, said he was
pleased to hear Nault would visit the area.

He said that with 51 First Nation communities in Nault's own riding in
northern Ontario, the group was concerned the minister wouldn't
listen. "We are wary of what senior bureaucrats may have advised the
minister regarding our community, since they have paid little more
than lip service to us and our concerns since the beginning," said
Stirling. Stirling said there is evidence the Caldwell First Nation is from
Point Pelee Provincial Park, 95 kilometres west of the proposed reserve.
Nault said the Caldwell group was pushed off Point Pelee decades ago, and
that the group was compensated this year for it.

               "Let Us Consider The Human Brain As
                A Very Complex Photographic Plate"
                     1957 G.H. Estabrooks
                 www.angelfire.com/mn/mcap/bc.html